Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a site and begin converting visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to provide.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion aspects rather than style aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
Thrive loves producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video tour of how to navigate around the membership area.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can produce an account to access the content. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog where they share loads of beneficial info in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you create better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, develop better material and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
The Product Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, however merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to check out a particular feature, then it’s a helpful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers do not constantly utilize the best section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the proper category when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software.
However when it pertains to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support team supply an outstanding service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership price for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is always including brand-new products to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company launched 3 new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase specific products now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides excellent value for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It offers you fast access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor disadvantage compared to the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Themes Yoga Studio
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.