Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a website and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive places more focus on conversion aspects instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are better for offering services and products. There are themes to fit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings suitable to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of how to navigate around the membership area.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can produce an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog where they share loads of helpful info along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, create better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
The Item Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or want to take a look at a specific feature, then it’s an useful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers do not constantly utilize the best area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to pick the appropriate category when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it comes to addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations promptly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership price for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is always adding brand-new products to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to buy individual items now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional worth for money. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not simply the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a small disadvantage compared to the outstanding support service they offer.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest standard and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Themes For Staffing Agencies
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.