Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme Best Business
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme Best Business
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and start transforming visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to use.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion elements instead of style aesthetics.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blog sites while others are better for offering products and services. There are themes to fit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme Best Business
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme Best Business
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video trip of how to navigate around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can create an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog where they share loads of useful information as well as item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can imitate landing pages found on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, develop better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: WordPress Theme Best Business
The Item Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, however simply a fast way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to take a look at a particular function, then it’s a beneficial place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert tips from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new improvements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme Best Business
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your own concerns and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, clients don’t constantly utilize the right area to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the right classification when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong area are more challenging for other customers to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it comes to addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support team provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription rate for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is constantly adding new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to purchase individual products now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the pertinent details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a small drawback compared with the outstanding support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest standard and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme Best Business
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.