Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they met were testing. Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and begin converting visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion elements instead of design looks.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for selling products and services. There are themes to suit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings relevant to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of the best ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact information.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog site where they share loads of helpful information as well as item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, produce much better content and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, however simply a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or wish to check out a specific function, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert suggestions from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, consumers do not constantly use the ideal section to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the right classification when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to answering support questions, then the Thrive support group provide an exceptional service level. They update the ticket discussions promptly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always including brand-new items to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy individual products now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional worth for money. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not simply the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor drawback compared to the outstanding support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Top WordPress Theme Multipurpose
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.