Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Top WordPress Theme Free Download
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they met were testing. Top WordPress Theme Free Download
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a site and begin transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to use.
So, let’s start by having a look at the items in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion aspects rather than design looks.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for offering product or services. There are themes to fit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Top WordPress Theme Free Download
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains general settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Top WordPress Theme Free Download
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership area.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can develop an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog where they share loads of useful info along with product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create much better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, create better material and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: Top WordPress Theme Free Download
The Item Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or wish to take a look at a particular function, then it’s an useful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and expert pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously including brand-new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Top WordPress Theme Free Download
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your own concerns and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers don’t always utilize the right area to submit their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to select the right classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other customers to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software.
However when it pertains to responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations without delay and plainly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership price for life. That’s a fantastic reward to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is constantly including brand-new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to buy specific items now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses exceptional value for money. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not simply the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It offers you quick access to all the pertinent details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small drawback compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Top WordPress Theme Free Download
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.