Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Themeforest Biggest Competitor
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Themeforest Biggest Competitor
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to provide.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion aspects instead of style aesthetics.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling product or services. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Themeforest Biggest Competitor
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings appropriate to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Themeforest Biggest Competitor
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video tour of ways to browse around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog site where they share loads of beneficial info in addition to item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create much better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, create much better content and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Themeforest Biggest Competitor
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, however simply a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or want to take a look at a specific feature, then it’s an useful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and expert tips from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding brand-new improvements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Themeforest Biggest Competitor
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your own concerns and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, clients don’t always use the ideal area to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to select the proper category when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
But when it pertains to addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support team supply an exceptional service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription cost for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly adding brand-new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business launched three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to purchase specific items now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional value for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not simply the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It gives you fast access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor drawback compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Themeforest Biggest Competitor
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.