Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Themeforest Best Sellers
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Themeforest Best Sellers
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a site and begin converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion elements instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blogs while others are preferable for offering products and services. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Themeforest Best Sellers
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings appropriate to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Themeforest Best Sellers
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact details.
You’ll also find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can develop an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog where they share loads of helpful info in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, develop much better content and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Themeforest Best Sellers
The Item Tutorials page supplies a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to have a look at a particular function, then it’s a helpful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider tips from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Themeforest Best Sellers
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, clients do not always use the ideal area to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the appropriate category when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other customers to find.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software.
However when it comes to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support team provide an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions without delay and clearly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription price for life. That’s an excellent incentive to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is always adding brand-new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase individual products now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not simply the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It provides you quick access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a small disadvantage compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest requirement and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Themeforest Best Sellers
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.