Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Thrive Themes Rise Theme
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. Thrive Themes Rise Theme
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to provide.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion components instead of design visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blogs while others are better for selling products and services. There are themes to suit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Thrive Themes Rise Theme
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Thrive Themes Rise Theme
Thrive likes producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of the best ways to browse around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll also find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog site where they share loads of useful details along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce much better landing pages, construct an engaged mailing list, develop better material and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Thrive Themes Rise Theme
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or wish to check out a specific function, then it’s a helpful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Thrive Themes Rise Theme
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own concerns and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers do not always utilize the right area to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to select the appropriate classification when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong section are more tough for other customers to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it concerns answering support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations without delay and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly including brand-new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to buy individual items now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding worth for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It provides you fast access to all the relevant details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor disadvantage compared with the excellent support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Thrive Themes Rise Theme
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.