Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Best Themeforest
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a site and start transforming visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion elements rather than design aesthetics.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to suit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Themeforest
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings relevant to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Themeforest
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video tour of how to navigate around the membership location.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can develop an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog site where they share loads of beneficial info along with product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, build an engaged mailing list, develop better content and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best Themeforest
The Product Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, however merely a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or wish to have a look at a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert suggestions from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Themeforest
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers do not always use the right area to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to pick the right classification when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it pertains to answering support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an exceptional service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership rate for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is constantly including brand-new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy private items now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional worth for cash. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not simply the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor disadvantage compared with the exceptional support service they offer.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Themeforest
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.