Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Themeforest Themes 2016
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. Best Themeforest Themes 2016
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a site and start converting visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to offer.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements rather than style visual appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are better for offering services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Themeforest Themes 2016
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings appropriate to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Themeforest Themes 2016
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of how to navigate around the membership area.
Straight beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog site where they share loads of useful info along with item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages discovered on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, create better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: Best Themeforest Themes 2016
The Item Tutorials page supplies a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, but simply a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or want to have a look at a particular function, then it’s a helpful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Themeforest Themes 2016
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers do not always utilize the right section to submit their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to select the appropriate category when logging a concern.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong section are more challenging for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software.
But when it concerns addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support team provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership rate for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is always including brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to purchase specific products now and want to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional worth for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not simply the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It provides you fast access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a small downside compared with the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Themeforest Themes 2016
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.