Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they met were testing. Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a website and begin converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion components instead of design aesthetics.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains general settings relevant to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
Thrive loves producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of ways to navigate around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can develop an account to access the content. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of helpful details in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you develop much better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, produce better content and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
The Item Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, however merely a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or wish to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s a beneficial location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update offered notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not constantly utilize the best area to send their requests. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to select the proper classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong section are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
However when it pertains to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support team supply an outstanding service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription price for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always adding new products to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to buy specific products now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers outstanding worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It provides you quick access to all the relevant details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor downside compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest requirement and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Theme For Sport And Entertainment
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.