Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Theme For Slider Revolution
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best Theme For Slider Revolution
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and start transforming visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion components instead of design visual appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are better for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Theme For Slider Revolution
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings relevant to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Theme For Slider Revolution
Thrive likes producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video tour of ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact details.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can produce an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog site where they share loads of useful details along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, build an engaged mailing list, produce much better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best Theme For Slider Revolution
The Product Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or want to take a look at a specific feature, then it’s an useful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Theme For Slider Revolution
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional place to track your very own problems and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers do not constantly use the ideal area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the proper category when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more challenging for other consumers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it concerns answering support concerns, then the Thrive support group supply an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations quickly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership cost for life. That’s an excellent incentive to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is constantly adding brand-new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy individual items now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers outstanding worth for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It gives you quick access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a small disadvantage compared with the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are established to the greatest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Theme For Slider Revolution
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.