Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Deal Themeforest
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Best Deal Themeforest
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a site and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to offer.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion aspects instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for offering services and products. There are themes to match both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Deal Themeforest
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Deal Themeforest
Thrive loves producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of the best ways to browse around the membership location.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can produce an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog where they share loads of helpful information as well as item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you create much better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, develop better content and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best Deal Themeforest
The Item Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, however merely a fast way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or want to take a look at a specific feature, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider pointers from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new improvements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Deal Themeforest
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your very own issues and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, clients don’t always use the right section to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would force a user to choose the right classification when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it pertains to answering support questions, then the Thrive support group provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations immediately and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription price for life. That’s an excellent incentive to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is always including brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase specific items now and wish to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent worth for money. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not simply the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the pertinent details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor disadvantage compared with the excellent support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest requirement and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Deal Themeforest
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.