Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Thrive Theme Membership Site
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Thrive Theme Membership Site
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a site and start transforming visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects rather than design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling product or services. There are themes to fit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Thrive Theme Membership Site
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Thrive Theme Membership Site
Thrive loves producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of ways to browse around the membership area.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact information.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog site where they share loads of useful information along with item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages discovered on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you develop better landing pages, build an engaged mailing list, develop much better material and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Thrive Theme Membership Site
The Product Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, but merely a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or wish to take a look at a particular function, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Thrive Theme Membership Site
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not always utilize the ideal area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the correct classification when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
However when it pertains to addressing support questions, then the Thrive support team provide an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations without delay and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription rate for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always including new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase individual items now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers outstanding worth for money. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It offers you fast access to all the pertinent info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor drawback compared to the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Thrive Theme Membership Site
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.