Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Theme WordPress Parallax
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Theme WordPress Parallax
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to use.
So, let’s start by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion aspects instead of style aesthetics.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for offering products and services. There are themes to match both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Theme WordPress Parallax
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings appropriate to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Theme WordPress Parallax
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of ways to navigate around the membership location.
Straight beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can develop an account to access the material. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog site where they share loads of useful information as well as item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages discovered on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you produce better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, develop much better material and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Theme WordPress Parallax
The Product Tutorials page supplies a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or want to check out a specific function, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Theme WordPress Parallax
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers do not always utilize the ideal section to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the right category when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other customers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it pertains to responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support group provide an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations quickly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership price for life. That’s a great reward to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly adding new items to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase private items now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding value for loan. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software application. However that’s a small downside compared to the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Theme WordPress Parallax
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.