Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they met were testing. Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to offer.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements rather than design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling products and services. There are themes to match both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings relevant to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of how to navigate around the membership location.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact details.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can produce an account to access the content. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog site where they share loads of beneficial details in addition to product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, create better material and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
The Item Tutorials page supplies a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, however simply a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or want to have a look at a specific function, then it’s a beneficial place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new improvements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers do not always use the right section to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to pick the proper category when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong section are more difficult for other consumers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it pertains to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations immediately and plainly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership cost for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always adding new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released three brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to purchase specific items now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional value for money. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a minor downside compared with the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Theme WordPress Ecommerce Responsive
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.