Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they met were testing. Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you develop a site and start converting visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to provide.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blogs while others are better for selling product or services. There are themes to fit both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings suitable to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video trip of ways to browse around the membership area.
Straight beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account including billings and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of beneficial details as well as item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages discovered on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, develop better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
The Product Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to take a look at a particular function, then it’s an useful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert pointers from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not constantly utilize the right section to submit their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to choose the correct classification when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong area are more tough for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it comes to addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support group supply an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions immediately and plainly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership rate for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is constantly adding brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase specific items now and wish to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides outstanding value for cash. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the rates that is attractive.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It gives you quick access to all the appropriate info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor downside compared to the excellent support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Theme WordPress Drag And Drop
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.