Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you develop a website and begin converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to use.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects instead of design visual appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling services and products. There are themes to suit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains general settings relevant to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of ways to browse around the membership area.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can develop an account to access the material. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog site where they share loads of beneficial details along with product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, build an engaged mailing list, produce better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, however simply a fast way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or want to have a look at a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously including brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your very own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers don’t always utilize the ideal section to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to select the appropriate category when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong area are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software.
But when it concerns answering support questions, then the Thrive support team offer an outstanding service level. They update the ticket discussions without delay and clearly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership cost for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always including new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase private products now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for cash. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not simply the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the pertinent info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a small drawback compared with the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Responsive WordPress Themes For Business
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.