Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they met were testing. Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion aspects rather than design visual appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for offering product or services. There are themes to match both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes basic settings relevant to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video tour of how to navigate around the membership location.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can produce an account to access the content. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog site where they share loads of beneficial info along with item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you produce better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, produce better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
The Product Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, but simply a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or want to check out a particular feature, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own problems and those reported by other clients.
The online forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers do not constantly utilize the right section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the right category when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong area are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software.
However when it concerns addressing support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations immediately and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership price for life. That’s a fantastic reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always including new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase private products now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent worth for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It gives you fast access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor disadvantage compared with the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Hair Extensions WordPress Theme
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.