Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Girly Themes For WordPress
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. Girly Themes For WordPress
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a website and start transforming visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements rather than style aesthetics.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for offering products and services. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Girly Themes For WordPress
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Girly Themes For WordPress
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of how to navigate around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can produce an account to access the material. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of useful details as well as item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can imitate landing pages found on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you develop better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, develop much better content and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Girly Themes For WordPress
The Product Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, however merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or wish to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and expert ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Girly Themes For WordPress
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own concerns and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers don’t constantly utilize the ideal section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the right category when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong section are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it pertains to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support team provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations quickly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership price for life. That’s a fantastic reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always adding brand-new items to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy individual items now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for loan. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It provides you quick access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a small drawback compared with the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Girly Themes For WordPress
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.