Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they met were testing. Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a website and begin converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion components instead of design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings suitable to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video trip of how to browse around the membership area.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact information.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can produce an account to access the content. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of beneficial information in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you develop better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, create much better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
The Product Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, however merely a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or want to check out a specific feature, then it’s a helpful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider suggestions from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new improvements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional place to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, clients don’t always use the right area to send their requests. A smarter support software tool would force a user to choose the appropriate classification when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong section are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it pertains to addressing support questions, then the Thrive support team offer an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions without delay and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription price for life. That’s a fantastic reward to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is constantly adding new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase specific products now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent value for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It offers you fast access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor downside compared to the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Elegant WordPress Salon Theme
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.