Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Buy WordPress Website Themes
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Buy WordPress Website Themes
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a website and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to use.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion aspects instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Buy WordPress Website Themes
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings suitable to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Buy WordPress Website Themes
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership location.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact info.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can produce an account to access the content. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog site where they share loads of helpful details as well as product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages found on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you develop much better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, produce better material and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Buy WordPress Website Themes
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, however merely a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or wish to have a look at a particular feature, then it’s an useful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Buy WordPress Website Themes
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your very own problems and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers do not always utilize the ideal section to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to choose the correct classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software application.
But when it comes to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription rate for life. That’s a fantastic reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always including new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase specific items now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent worth for money. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the rates that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It offers you fast access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor downside compared to the outstanding support service they offer.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are established to the greatest requirement and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Buy WordPress Website Themes
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.