Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and start transforming visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion components instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling products and services. There are themes to match both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings suitable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of the best ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact details.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog where they share loads of useful info as well as product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, produce much better material and much more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
The Item Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, however merely a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or wish to take a look at a specific feature, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider suggestions from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers do not always use the right area to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the proper classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it pertains to responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support group provide an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription cost for life. That’s a terrific reward to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is always adding new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to buy individual products now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent worth for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It gives you fast access to all the appropriate info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a small disadvantage compared to the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest requirement and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Travel Website
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.