Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they met were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you develop a site and start converting visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive places more focus on conversion aspects rather than style aesthetics.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are preferable for offering product or services. There are themes to fit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings relevant to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of ways to browse around the membership area.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact information.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of beneficial details in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages found on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop much better landing pages, build an engaged mailing list, produce better material and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
The Item Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, but simply a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to check out a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert suggestions from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update offered notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers don’t always utilize the right section to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to choose the right category when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it comes to addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support team supply an exceptional service level. They update the ticket conversations without delay and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription price for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is always adding new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy specific items now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides outstanding worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It provides you quick access to all the pertinent info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small disadvantage compared with the excellent support service they offer.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Real Estate Agents
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.