Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a site and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion aspects rather than style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for offering product or services. There are themes to fit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video trip of how to browse around the membership location.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account including billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the content. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog where they share loads of useful info in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages found on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you create much better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, develop much better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, but merely a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or wish to take a look at a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers do not constantly use the best area to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to select the correct classification when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong area are more challenging for other consumers to find.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
However when it concerns responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support team supply an exceptional service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership cost for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is constantly adding new products to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to buy private products now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding value for cash. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not simply the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It gives you fast access to all the appropriate info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor disadvantage compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Online Business
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.