Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and start converting visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more focus on conversion elements rather than design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are better for offering services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video trip of the best ways to browse around the membership area.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can produce an account to access the content. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog site where they share loads of beneficial information in addition to product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, develop much better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
The Item Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or wish to take a look at a specific function, then it’s an useful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers don’t always use the ideal area to send their requests. A smarter support software tool would force a user to choose the right classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong section are more difficult for other customers to find.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns addressing support questions, then the Thrive support team supply an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations immediately and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription rate for life. That’s a great reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is constantly adding new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase private products now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional worth for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a small drawback compared to the outstanding support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For News And Music
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.