Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a site and begin converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to provide.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion elements instead of style looks.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for offering services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings appropriate to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video tour of ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of helpful details along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages found on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you create much better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, develop better material and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
The Product Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, however simply a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or want to take a look at a particular function, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously including new enhancements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers do not constantly utilize the right area to submit their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to pick the proper classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong area are more tough for other customers to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
But when it comes to answering support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations immediately and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership price for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is constantly adding new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to buy specific items now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent worth for cash. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It provides you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a minor disadvantage compared with the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Health Business
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.