Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you develop a website and start transforming visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s just that Thrive places more focus on conversion components instead of design looks.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to suit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of ways to navigate around the membership location.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including billings and contact details.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog where they share loads of beneficial details along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop much better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, create much better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
The Product Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or want to check out a particular function, then it’s a beneficial place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert tips from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own concerns and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not always utilize the ideal area to send their requests. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to pick the appropriate category when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong section are more tough for other customers to find.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns addressing support questions, then the Thrive support group supply an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions immediately and clearly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a great reward to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always including brand-new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you choose to buy specific products now and wish to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not simply the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the relevant details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor drawback compared with the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Ebooks
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.