Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Cv
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they met were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Cv
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a website and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion aspects instead of design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are better for offering products and services. There are themes to suit both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Cv
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes basic settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Cv
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact information.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog where they share loads of helpful info in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop better landing pages, build an engaged subscriber list, develop much better material and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best WordPress Themes For Cv
The Product Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership unique, but simply a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or want to take a look at a particular feature, then it’s a helpful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert pointers from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new improvements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Cv
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your very own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, clients do not always utilize the ideal area to send their requests. A smarter support software tool would force a user to select the appropriate category when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it comes to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support group provide an outstanding service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations without delay and plainly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership cost for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is constantly including new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy private products now and want to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides outstanding worth for loan. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It provides you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a small downside compared to the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are established to the greatest requirement and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Cv
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.