Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they met were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and start converting visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase individually, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to provide.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion components rather than design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling product or services. There are themes to match both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video tour of how to browse around the membership location.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of useful details in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages discovered on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you create much better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, develop better material and far more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
The Item Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but simply a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or want to check out a particular function, then it’s a helpful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider ideas from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your own issues and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers do not always utilize the best area to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the appropriate category when logging a concern.
For instance, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect section are more challenging for other customers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support group provide an exceptional service level. They update the ticket conversations without delay and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership price for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly adding new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase individual products now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers outstanding value for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It offers you quick access to all the pertinent details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a small downside compared with the outstanding support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest requirement and constantly upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Crafters
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.