Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they met were testing. Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a site and begin transforming visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion elements instead of design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are better for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings applicable to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership location.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can create an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of useful information in addition to product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, produce much better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
The Product Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or want to check out a specific function, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not always utilize the best area to send their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the right category when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns addressing support questions, then the Thrive support team provide an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership cost for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is constantly including new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to buy private products now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides excellent worth for loan. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It offers you quick access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor downside compared to the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Themes For Blogging Free
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.