Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Websites
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Theme Websites
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and start transforming visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements rather than design looks.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are better for offering services and products. There are themes to suit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Websites
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings applicable to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Websites
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of how to navigate around the membership location.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact details.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog where they share loads of beneficial details in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can imitate landing pages discovered on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you create better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, produce better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Best WordPress Theme Websites
The Item Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, however simply a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or wish to have a look at a particular feature, then it’s a helpful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Websites
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers don’t constantly use the best section to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to choose the correct category when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the incorrect section are more challenging for other customers to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns addressing support questions, then the Thrive support team offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket discussions without delay and clearly.
Whenever you decide to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription rate for life. That’s a fantastic reward to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always adding new products to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to buy individual items now and want to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent worth for loan. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small disadvantage compared with the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Websites
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.