Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a site and begin converting visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion components rather than design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for selling services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of the best ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an exceptional blog where they share loads of beneficial information in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you produce better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, develop better material and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
The Item Tutorials page supplies a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, but simply a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or wish to take a look at a specific function, then it’s an useful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and expert pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own problems and those reported by other clients.
The online forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not constantly use the ideal section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the right category when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software.
However when it comes to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations without delay and clearly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership cost for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always including new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you choose to buy individual items now and want to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional worth for loan. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not simply the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It provides you quick access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor drawback compared with the exceptional support service they offer.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Travel Guide
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.