Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a site and start converting visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion elements instead of style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for offering products and services. There are themes to suit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of ways to navigate around the membership location.
Straight beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll also find your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can produce an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of useful information in addition to item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, produce much better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
The Item Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, but merely a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of changing themes or want to check out a specific function, then it’s an useful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert suggestions from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including brand-new improvements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers don’t always use the ideal section to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to pick the appropriate category when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect section are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns answering support questions, then the Thrive support group supply an exceptional service level. They update the ticket discussions immediately and clearly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership cost for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is constantly adding brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase private products now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional worth for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor drawback compared to the exceptional support service they offer.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Photography Free
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.