Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Music
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Theme Music
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a website and start converting visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to offer.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more focus on conversion elements instead of design looks.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for offering product or services. There are themes to fit both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Music
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings relevant to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Music
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video tour of the best ways to navigate around the membership location.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including billings and contact information.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of helpful info as well as product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you develop better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, create much better content and a lot more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Theme Music
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, however simply a quick way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to check out a particular function, then it’s a helpful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider suggestions from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update readily available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Music
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, consumers do not constantly use the right area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the appropriate classification when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket discussions without delay and clearly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly including brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched three brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you choose to buy specific items now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent value for money. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It gives you quick access to all the appropriate info, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor drawback compared with the excellent support service they offer.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and constantly upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Music
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.