Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Makers
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Theme Makers
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a site and start transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to provide.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more focus on conversion elements instead of design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are preferable for selling services and products. There are themes to fit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Makers
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Makers
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of how to navigate around the membership area.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the information of your Thrive account including billings and contact details.
You’ll also find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can produce an account to access the content. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog site where they share loads of helpful details along with product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you create much better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, produce much better material and much more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Theme Makers
The Item Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about switching themes or want to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s a beneficial place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Makers
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers don’t constantly use the ideal area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to pick the right classification when logging a concern.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it comes to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support team provide an exceptional service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a fantastic incentive to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is always adding brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy specific products now and want to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses exceptional value for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not simply the prices that is appealing.
Thrive have actually constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a minor downside compared with the exceptional support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Makers
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.