Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a site and begin converting visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion components rather than design visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blogs while others are preferable for offering product or services. There are themes to fit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of how to navigate around the membership location.
Straight beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog where they share loads of beneficial details along with item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, create much better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, however merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to check out a specific feature, then it’s an useful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your very own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers do not always utilize the best area to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the correct classification when logging a concern.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other customers to find.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations immediately and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription price for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is constantly adding new items to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched three new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you choose to buy individual products now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional value for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not simply the rates that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small drawback compared with the excellent support service they offer.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and constantly upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Landing Page
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.