Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a site and begin converting visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects instead of style looks.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for offering products and services. There are themes to match both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains general settings relevant to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
Thrive likes producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of ways to navigate around the membership area.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact info.
You’ll also find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog where they share loads of helpful details along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can imitate landing pages found online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop much better landing pages, build an engaged mailing list, develop much better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
The Product Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but merely a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to check out a specific function, then it’s an useful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to month-to-month member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider suggestions from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your own issues and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers don’t always use the right section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the correct category when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more difficult for other consumers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it pertains to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support team provide an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription rate for life. That’s a terrific reward to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is always adding new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to purchase individual products now and wish to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding value for cash. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It gives you quick access to all the appropriate details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a minor drawback compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Godaddy
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.