Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they met were testing. Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a site and begin converting visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering needs to provide.
So, let’s start by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s just that Thrive locations more focus on conversion components rather than style visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling services and products. There are themes to suit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings applicable to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
Thrive likes producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of how to navigate around the membership area.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can produce an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog site where they share loads of helpful details as well as product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can emulate landing pages discovered online utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you produce better landing pages, construct an engaged mailing list, develop better material and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
The Item Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, but merely a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to check out a specific feature, then it’s a beneficial place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider suggestions from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update offered notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your very own concerns and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers don’t always use the ideal area to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to select the correct category when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the incorrect area are more tough for other customers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to answering support questions, then the Thrive support team provide an outstanding service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your membership rate for life. That’s a great reward to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly adding brand-new products to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched 3 brand-new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to buy private items now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for cash. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
But it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the pertinent details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small drawback compared with the excellent support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme For Video Membership Site
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.