Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Theme Buy
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best WordPress Theme Buy
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you construct a website and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to offer.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements rather than style visual appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling product or services. There are themes to fit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Theme Buy
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains general settings applicable to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Theme Buy
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of ways to browse around the membership location.
Straight beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact information.
You’ll also find your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can develop an account to access the content. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of helpful info along with product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can imitate landing pages discovered on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, develop better content and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best WordPress Theme Buy
The Item Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, however simply a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or wish to have a look at a specific function, then it’s an useful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Theme Buy
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your very own problems and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers do not always utilize the right area to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to pick the appropriate classification when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more tough for other consumers to find.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software.
But when it pertains to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions immediately and plainly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s a terrific incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always including new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to purchase individual products now and want to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent value for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not simply the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you fast access to all the relevant info, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor disadvantage compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Theme Buy
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.