Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best WordPress Rating Theme
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they met were testing. Best WordPress Rating Theme
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and start transforming visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to use.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion aspects rather than design looks.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for offering product or services. There are themes to fit both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best WordPress Rating Theme
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings relevant to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best WordPress Rating Theme
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video trip of how to browse around the membership location.
Straight below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been utilized:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can create an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog site where they share loads of beneficial details as well as item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages discovered on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create better landing pages, construct an engaged newsletter, produce better content and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best WordPress Rating Theme
The Item Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, but merely a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or wish to have a look at a particular feature, then it’s a helpful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert pointers from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually adding brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme upgrade available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best WordPress Rating Theme
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, consumers do not constantly use the ideal area to submit their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to select the right classification when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect section are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support group offer an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions immediately and plainly.
Whenever you decide to acquire your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription rate for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ because Thrive is always adding brand-new items to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the current and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to buy private items now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers outstanding worth for money. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the rates that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It offers you fast access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software application. However that’s a minor disadvantage compared to the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best WordPress Rating Theme
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.