Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Thrive Theme
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. Best Thrive Theme
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you develop a website and start transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to purchase individually, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects rather than style aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are better for offering services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Thrive Theme
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise established a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings applicable to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Thrive Theme
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership area.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact info.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has been used:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one basic user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can develop an account to access the content. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog where they share loads of useful information as well as item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages found on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you develop much better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, produce better content and far more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: Best Thrive Theme
The Product Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, however simply a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s a beneficial location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to help you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider suggestions from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including brand-new enhancements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update readily available notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Thrive Theme
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your very own problems and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers do not always utilize the ideal area to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would force a user to pick the proper category when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other consumers to find.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it pertains to answering support concerns, then the Thrive support team provide an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription rate for life. That’s an excellent incentive to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is always adding brand-new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you decide to purchase private products now and wish to become a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not simply the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software application. But that’s a minor disadvantage compared to the excellent support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Thrive Theme
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.