Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they met were testing. Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a website and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to buy individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering needs to offer.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s just that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion components rather than style aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are better for selling products and services. There are themes to match both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings relevant to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership area.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
Thrive loves producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of ways to browse around the membership area.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all their courses, guides and training materials in one simple interface.
This is not special to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an outstanding blog where they share loads of useful info along with item updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the web using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you develop better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, create better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, however simply a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or wish to check out a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously adding brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update offered alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your own concerns and those reported by other clients.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, customers don’t always use the right section to send their demands. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to choose the right category when logging a concern.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the incorrect section are more challenging for other clients to find.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
But when it concerns responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support group provide an excellent service level. They update the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership rate for life. That’s a great reward to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is constantly including brand-new items to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Keep in mind: If you choose to buy individual products now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses excellent value for money. You’ll save numerous dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not simply the rates that is attractive.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor drawback compared to the outstanding support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest requirement and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Free WordPress Themes For Technology Blog
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.