Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they fulfilled were testing. Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and begin converting visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements instead of design looks.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling products and services. There are themes to suit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video tour of how to navigate around the membership area.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page provides all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise discover your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can create an account to access the content. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog site where they share loads of helpful details as well as product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages discovered on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, produce much better material and much more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
The Item Tutorials page provides a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, however merely a quick method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or wish to have a look at a specific function, then it’s a helpful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously including brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available notification in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is offered.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
The last menu item is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding location to track your very own concerns and those reported by other clients.
The online forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Unfortunately, customers don’t constantly utilize the ideal area to submit their demands. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the proper category when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it concerns addressing support concerns, then the Thrive support team offer an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription cost for life. That’s an excellent incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly adding brand-new products to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you choose to buy specific products now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the prices that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It provides you fast access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software. However that’s a small disadvantage compared to the excellent support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the greatest standard and continuously upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Best Free Video Portfolio WordPress Themes
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.