Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme Zip
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme Zip
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and start transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Membership offering has to offer.
So, let’s begin by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s just that Thrive places more focus on conversion elements rather than design visual appeals.
Some themes are tailored to magazine-style blogs while others are preferable for offering services and products. There are themes to match both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme Zip
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings appropriate to all Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme Zip
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video tour of ways to browse around the membership location.
Directly beneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the details of your Thrive account including invoices and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been used:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anybody can produce an account to access the material. However it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog site where they share loads of useful information in addition to product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can emulate landing pages found online using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged newsletter, produce much better material and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Theme Zip
The Product Tutorials page supplies a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a link to the demo pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership special, however simply a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking of switching themes or want to have a look at a specific feature, then it’s a beneficial place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert pointers from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including new enhancements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme Zip
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent place to track your own problems and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into five sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, clients do not always use the ideal area to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the correct category when logging a concern.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong section are more tough for other consumers to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it comes to addressing support questions, then the Thrive support group supply an exceptional service level. They update the ticket conversations quickly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you secure your subscription rate for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘buy now’ since Thrive is always including new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future products, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you decide to purchase specific products now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme uses outstanding worth for loan. You’ll conserve numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It offers you fast access to all the relevant details, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for improvement is the support forum software application. But that’s a small drawback compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme Zip
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.