Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketer Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and begin transforming visitors into customers and clients.
Each theme and plugin are available to buy individually, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to use.
So, let’s start by having a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects rather than design aesthetics.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for selling products and services. There are themes to fit both people and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video tour of how to browse around the membership area.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key information, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been used:
Thrive University introduced in December 2016. It’s a platform to access all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can produce an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of helpful info along with product updates. For example, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the web utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will assist you create much better landing pages, construct an engaged mailing list, produce much better material and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
The Product Tutorials page offers a central repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership special, but merely a quick method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or wish to check out a particular function, then it’s a helpful location to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert tips from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly including brand-new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade offered notice in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your very own issues and those reported by other customers.
The forum divides into 5 sections:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, clients do not constantly use the best section to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to pick the correct category when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion section is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more challenging for other customers to locate.
So, there’s space for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it pertains to responding to support questions, then the Thrive support team supply an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations promptly and clearly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership price for life. That’s a terrific reward to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always including brand-new items to the range. For example, in 2016 alone, the business launched 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to purchase private products now and want to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional value for cash. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
But it’s not just the pricing that is attractive.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It offers you quick access to all the relevant details, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software application. However that’s a small downside compared to the exceptional support service they offer.
There are no weak spots in the product suite. All of the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest requirement and continuously updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Video Gallery
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.