Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Upload
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Upload
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you develop a site and begin converting visitors into customers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy separately, or you can sign up with the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to provide.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look awful; it’s simply that Thrive places more emphasis on conversion elements rather than design visual appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for offering products and services. There are themes to fit both individuals and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Upload
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard contains basic settings appropriate to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Upload
Thrive enjoys producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership location.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This option brings you back to the main member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the details of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact details.
You’ll also discover your license key information, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can produce an account to access the material. However it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an excellent blog site where they share loads of useful info in addition to product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you produce much better landing pages, construct an engaged subscriber list, produce much better content and much more.
Here’s a bit from the primary page: WordPress Theme With Upload
The Item Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, however merely a fast method of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or want to check out a particular feature, then it’s an useful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its complete capacity.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and expert ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continually including brand-new improvements and repairing bugs in their items. You’ll get the basic plugin or theme update available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Upload
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an excellent location to track your very own issues and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Regrettably, customers don’t constantly use the right section to submit their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to pick the correct classification when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the wrong section are more difficult for other customers to find.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
But when it concerns answering support questions, then the Thrive support group provide an exceptional service level. They update the ticket discussions without delay and plainly.
Whenever you choose to buy your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership rate for life. That’s an excellent incentive to ‘purchase now’ since Thrive is always including new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the present and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus continuous support.
Keep in mind: If you decide to buy private products now and wish to end up being a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have constructed a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a minor drawback compared with the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and constantly upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Upload
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.