Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Shopify
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Shopify
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their objective is to provide an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and begin transforming visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase individually, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this evaluation, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering has to provide.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to say they look ugly; it’s just that Thrive places more focus on conversion aspects rather than style aesthetics.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blog sites while others are preferable for selling services and products. There are themes to match both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Shopify
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings applicable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Shopify
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh design, you get a fast video trip of ways to navigate around the membership location.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page supplies all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact details.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the different levels of membership and how many times each license key has been used:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one easy user interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anyone can develop an account to access the content. But it’s easily accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an outstanding blog where they share loads of useful details along with product updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can replicate landing pages found on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you develop much better landing pages, develop an engaged subscriber list, produce much better material and much more.
Here’s a bit from the main page: WordPress Theme With Shopify
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, but simply a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or want to take a look at a particular function, then it’s an useful place to try things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a range of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are item launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider ideas from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding brand-new improvements and fixing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Shopify
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your own problems and those reported by other clients.
The online forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers do not always utilize the right section to send their demands. A smarter support software tool would force a user to pick the correct category when logging an issue.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting a problem with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more challenging for other clients to find.
So, there’s room for improvement in the reporting software application.
However when it concerns responding to support concerns, then the Thrive support team supply an excellent service level. They update the ticket conversations quickly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership cost for life. That’s an excellent reward to ‘buy now’ due to the fact that Thrive is constantly including new items to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the company released three new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future items, plus enhancements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you choose to buy specific products now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional value for cash. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not simply the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to navigate. It gives you quick access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. However that’s a small downside compared with the excellent support service they supply.
There are no weak links in the product suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest requirement and constantly upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Shopify
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.