Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. However their journeys before they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you construct a website and begin converting visitors into subscribers and consumers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to purchase separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Membership offering needs to provide.
So, let’s begin by taking a look at the items in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clarity. That’s not to say they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects rather than design aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are geared to magazine-style blog sites while others are more suitable for offering products and services. There are themes to match both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also developed a central dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and configure settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of basic settings relevant to all Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, exactly what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
Thrive likes producing videos. And in real Shane Melaugh design, you get a quick video trip of the best ways to navigate around the membership location.
Straight underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership area.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact information.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll have to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has actually been utilized:
Thrive University launched in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can develop an account to access the content. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive operates an excellent blog where they share loads of beneficial information as well as item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages found on the internet utilizing their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll discover courses and guides that will help you develop better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, produce better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
The Product Tutorials page offers a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click a product, then you can see its list of tutorials. And below you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a connect to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Once again, this is not a membership exclusive, however simply a fast method of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering changing themes or wish to take a look at a specific feature, then it’s a helpful place to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you utilize a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share strategies and insider pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously including new improvements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a brand-new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
The final menu item is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional place to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers don’t constantly use the best area to submit their requests. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to pick the appropriate category when logging a problem.
For instance, in the General Discussion area is this demand reporting an issue with Pressive, which is among the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Problems reported in the incorrect area are more challenging for other clients to locate.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software application.
But when it concerns answering support concerns, then the Thrive support group supply an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations immediately and plainly.
Whenever you choose to acquire your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership price for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is constantly including brand-new items to the variety. For example, in 2016 alone, the company launched three brand-new plugins.
There are 2 membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership includes all the existing and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you choose to buy private items now and want to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited towards your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers excellent worth for loan. You’ll save hundreds of dollars compared with purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not simply the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s simple to browse. It provides you quick access to all the relevant information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. However that’s a small drawback compared to the outstanding support service they supply.
There are no weak spots in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the greatest standard and continually updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With Responsive Design
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.