Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
Thrive Themes was established in early 2013 by the perfect match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys prior to they satisfied were testing. WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their goal is to supply an ‘all-in-one’ tool kit that lets you build a website and start transforming visitors into subscribers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are readily available to buy separately, or you can join the Thrive Membership offering and get access to all of their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see exactly what the Thrive Subscription offering has to offer.
So, let’s start by taking a look at the products in the all-in-one toolbox.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are developed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look unsightly; it’s simply that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects instead of design visual appeals.
Some themes are geared towards magazine-style blogs while others are more suitable for selling product or services. There are themes to suit both individuals and organizations.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has likewise developed a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can handle and set up settings for the Thrive item suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into two parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you install more Thrive products. In this example you can see there are four plugins and a theme installed:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard includes general settings suitable to all of Thrive’s products:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the products and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s have a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
Thrive loves producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a fast video tour of how to browse around the membership location.
Directly underneath the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have fast access buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This alternative brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account including invoices and contact information.
You’ll also discover your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your products in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and how many times each license key has actually been used:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all their courses, guides and training materials in one easy interface.
This is not unique to the Thrive Membership scheme; anybody can create an account to access the content. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog site where they share loads of useful information as well as item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they demonstrate how you can replicate landing pages discovered on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will assist you produce much better landing pages, develop an engaged mailing list, produce much better material and far more.
Here’s a snippet from the main page: WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And underneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos section is a link to the demonstration pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership exclusive, however merely a fast way of accessing the theme demonstrations from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re considering switching themes or want to take a look at a particular feature, then it’s a beneficial location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing topics. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to assist you use a Thrive product to its complete potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share methods and expert suggestions from their marketing group.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are constantly adding new enhancements and fixing bugs in their items. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme update readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
The last menu product is the Support Forum. This is an exceptional location to track your own issues and those reported by other clients.
The forum divides into 5 areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers don’t always utilize the ideal area to send their requests. A smarter support software tool would require a user to choose the correct classification when logging an issue.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Concerns reported in the wrong section are more difficult for other clients to find.
So, there’s room for enhancement in the reporting software.
However when it concerns answering support questions, then the Thrive support group offer an exceptional service level. They upgrade the ticket discussions quickly and plainly.
Whenever you decide to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your subscription cost for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘buy now’ because Thrive is constantly adding new products to the variety. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the current and future products, plus improvements and updates, plus ongoing support.
Note: If you decide to purchase private products now and wish to end up being a member later on, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme offers exceptional value for loan. You’ll save numerous dollars compared to buying their themes and plugins separately.
However it’s not just the rates that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to browse. It provides you fast access to all the appropriate information, from licenses to tutorials. The one area for enhancement is the support forum software. But that’s a minor downside compared to the exceptional support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are developed to the highest standard and continually upgraded.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base WordPress Theme With No Sidebar
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.